Arsenic & Old Lace has been a staple in the Occult, Witchcraft, and Pagan Communities since first opening in the 1980's. We are fully owned and operated by Rev. Vincent Russo who became the sole proprietor of Arsenic & Old Lace in 1994. Arsenic.com is our portal of related sites where you can find everything that you need for your magical practice - ethically and affordably.
Stay for a spell!
A Bit About Our History
- Almost before recorded history (oh, 1981 or there-abouts), Arsenic & Old Lace opened in Cambridge, MA. as a vintage clothing store that also specialized in "greebly items" to excite and scare - think "Edward Gorey-esque".
- As time went on, the original owner became more interested in magic, shamanism, and witchcraft and the store began to change. She began to add items like herb, oils, incense, jewelry, and hand-crafts.
- It soon transformed into a place where magical practitioners could find items that they needed and wanted.
- In the 1994, Vinnie Russo bought Arsenic & Old Lace. As part of his personal magical practice, he founded the first New England area Pagan Community Center (The PCC) as a community service outgrowth of the store. It was a great success for hosting classes, open rituals and sabbat celebrations, sponsoring author tours, and even boasting an intern from the Harvard Divinity School.
- In 1999, we closed our retail doors and have since evolved into an exclusively on-line only occult store serving our customers with the same personalized attention that we did when we had a "brick-and-mortar" location.
- Being entirely on-line lets us reach a wider clientelle who have a voracious appetite for learning about the ways of magic, the occult, witchcraft, Paganism, and Wicca.
- We're still Arsenic & Old Lace and we're grown from a simple brick & mortar store to a portal site that hosts 4 popular web-destinations: OneStopOccultShop, StregaCrafts, Streghe.US, and Tarot Readings by Vinnie.